WELCOME TO POSTHARVEST PATHOLOGY SYMPOSIUM 2017
Registration for the Postharvest Pathology Symposium 2017, to be held from 28 May to 2 June 2017, is now open.
Click here to register now.
The IV International Symposium for the International Society for Horticultural Sciences (ISHS) and for the International Society for Plant Pathology (ISPP) will be hosted in the Kruger National Park at Skukuza camp from 28 May to 2 June 2017. This is the first time that this prestige symposium will be hosted in South Africa.
The symposium will bring together the postharvest pathology researchers from across academic spheres from around the globe and delegates will share their scientific research, develop new collaborations and strengthen existing networks. In particular, we hope to bring many new young scientists particularly from African Universities to participate with experienced colleagues and exchanging knowledge and ideas of postharvest pathology.
We believe the exposure will encourage novel technology development, innovation and creative concepts in postharvest technology.
- The Climate is changing, so must Postharvest Pathology
- Intellectual Property Rights and Novel Technologies
- Next Generation Postharvest Pathology from Transcriptomics to Metabolomics
- Elucidation of Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Nanotechnology and Biosensors for real- time Postharvest Sollutions
- The Microbiome in Postharvest Pathology
- Postharvest Food Safety for Food Security
- Chemical and Alternative Postharvest Disease Control
- Industry and Government Perspective and Needs
Four institutions will be involved in hosting the event:
- University of Pretoria: Prof Lise Korsten - Chairperson
- Tshwane University of Technology: Prof Dharini Sivakumar
- Stellenbosch University: Dr Cheryl Lennox
- Experico: Dr Johan Fourie